Tuesday, October 5, 2010

"Ladies and Gentlemen ~ Drumroll Please!"


Ladies and Gentlemen ... may I have your attention please ....
I am proud to announce the winner of a "One Lovely Blog Award" .....
Karina Gentinetta from "disegno Karina Gentinetta" ...


..... a Laduree confection to celebrate a brilliant artist and designer in New Orleans ...


..... her work is reminiscent of  Renaissance style coming out of the dark ages of minimalism and bringing new life to these gorgeous pieces .....




....Karina has an ability with antiques that is extraordinary ....she has a talent to bring them to life ....



..... Karina and her husband, AJ's beautiful home in New Orleans .... this was created after the horror of Hurricane Katrina... they have two beautiful children ... Liam and Roma...




..... the interior of Karina's shop full of stunning, breathtaking pieces that she restores with passion including the gilding and upholstery ... then she finds the perfect new owner to take these gorgeous antiques onto their next journey ...
.... she does not compromise ... the owner and the antique have to match perfectly ... http://www.karinagentinetta.blogspot.com/



.... Karina and Aj's gorgeous kitchen ... I will be right over for a cup of tea and then we can start planning... crowns or chandeliers ????? or both!!

.... this is my beautiful piece,  a Louis 15th style circa 1910 sofa that I have bought from Karina and we are currently in the process of shipping it here to me in Australia ....

..... gorgeous 4 ft long Italian sconces ....


.... I also have these tufted Louis the 16th salon chairs en route to the Land Down Under .... Karina made everything possible ... please visit her for an amazing experience ... her ability with antiques and affinity for them is something I have never experienced before.  She takes a piece and gives it new life ... just like she did after Hurricane Katrina .. her strength and determination is something to be admired ...





... I am so happy to give you this award which I believe you so richly deserve ... congratulations .... dear friend ...
 photo signature-29_zps152a2019.png

9 comments:

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

THIS IS MAGNIFIQUE! I am at work, but just had to sneak in a comment; this is so perfectly up my alley!! Bises! Anita

highheeledlife said...

I'm a regular follower of Karina and I completely agree!!! .. You did a wonderful tribute to her and honouring this award!!! Wonderful post!! HHL

Karina Gentinetta said...

Wow!!! I am so humbled! Thank you, my sweet and wonderful Frances. You give me more credit than I deserve. I adore doing this and I almost feel guilty that I get so much pleasure out of restoring things back to their justly deserved beauty. But Katrina taught me that with kindness, love and determination, all things can come back -- including this City of mine that was left in ruins following the Storm. I cannot wait to travel to your beautiful Australia and meet you and your lovely family.

Thank you again!

Karina

Anonymous said...

My goodness. Lovely indeed. I could be one of those loving owners. :) Have a wonderful day ~ xox Alexandra

Alexandra Rae said...

So inspiring Karina. Congratulations. Your shop, home, and blog are just gorgeous. And to be bestowed this award by Frances, who I think has impeccably lovely taste. Enjoy that DREAMY sofa Frances!

chateaudelille said...

Karina does have fantastic taste and I love everything she features.So french, dreamy and perfect. Fiona xx

camille said...

These images are just lovely, just like the rest of your gorgeous blog here. Definitely a new follower :) Paris in Pink

Full Bloom Cottage said...

Hi,
I saw you used some of my photographs in your blog, the cane chair and the Bergere chair and armoire photos belong to fullbloomcottage.com you may have found themfeom other sights that did not credit my photographs or my work. We are the original creators of these furniture items, as well as the photographs..
Please visit www.fullbloomcottage.com

M.A. the 2nd ~ Frances Russell said...

To Full Bloom Cottage ~ I have removed those photographs as I was unaware that they were "yours". However, I do believe that those pieces actually do belong to Karina Gentinetta and it was my mistake not hers.
M.A. the 2nd

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails