Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Our Belated Christmas Cheer and Happy New Year!


I know that I am so incredibly, ridiculously late with this post but suffice to say things have been hectic and also unreliable.  I really do need to get a computer genius to overhaul the system!  I nearly didn't post and I certainly didn't get many photos of our table or tree as it was such a busy, crazy time but I hope this will do ....... these are my beautiful Christmas ornaments which are actually made out of silk and I popped them in a pink bowl with delicate strings of silver sitting below the Laurence Amelie artwork .....



I love wrapping Christmas presents and always add as much as I can!!!!!


These decorations I love as well as they pull in the Manuel Canovas Louis sofa so beautifully ......


bottom of the tree ...... Christmas bliss ......


I had fresh peonies for the kitchen on Christmas Day ....


Three little elves !!!!!!!


Alexander thought the occasion called for champagne and we all agreed .......


tasting the plum pudding that I cooked with my mum ..... it took four hours to boil in the cloth ..... YUM!!!! perfect with fresh cream, custard and a dollop of ice-cream .... it is a very old recipe from my mum .....


Happy New Year and a wonderful 2012 to all of you dear friends ..... I feel a great year coming full of joy, surprise, excitement and most importantly of all, love!  I am going to post pictures on my other blog http://wwwcoastal.blogspot.com/ about our holiday in the sun ......

hugs and best wishes
Frances xxxxx
 photo signature-29_zps152a2019.png

9 comments:

The enchanted home said...

Wow Christmas was beautiful in your home...love the pops of pink! Love that last picture...all are great, happy belated Merry Christmas and all the best to you in 2012!

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Oh dearest, I WAS JUST THINKING OF YOU LAST NIGHT!!!!!! AND HERE YOU ARE! You look stunning, and your home, so HAPPY! PLUM PUDDING???? I tried making that once..didn't work out!

Oh, I wish you the BEST NEW YEARS EVER!!! Anita

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Ma belle!!! HOW NICE IT WAS to wake up to your comment! DREAM DREAM DREAM dearest; look what your dreams have brought YOU TO! A loving family, a wonderful home, a sweet spirit. I am a bit fatigued with this school year, but I will plug away. I have an extra thing this year with my Etsy shop for which I am truly grateful. But the juggling act is sometimes DIFFICULT! SO NICE TO SEE YOU! Anita

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
M.A. the 2nd ~ Frances Russell said...

Thanks everyone ... we did have a lovely time and Anita I am sorry you are feeling so tired and I hope you feel better soon! Take care always
Frances xxx

Janelle McCulloch said...

Hi Frances, Thank you so much for stopping by the Library of Design blog, and for leaving a comment. So lovely to hear from a new reader. I adore your blog too! I particularly love your Carolyn Quartermaine chair! (With the gilt writing). I've always coveted a Quartermaine chair. Am off to look at your Coastal pix now. Was Hayman lovely? We hope to go there soon, so I'm really interested to hear what you thought. Janelle x

Alexandra Rae said...

Just GORGEOUS Frances!! So glad you had time to post. (I say it's never too late.) Your ornaments are so lovely; and so is that sofa! It's all "classically beautiful," as I always say your stuff is. One of my favorite things (about your style in general) is all the pink!!

I'm with you: I desperately need a computer expert! Every single day some horribly frustrating thing happens. I actually need a totally new computer but that entails even more set-up frustration. One of these days...

Happy New Year!
xoxo, Alexandra

Carole Poirot said...

Well, seeing that your Christmas post is slightly late, I guess I'm alright to still wish you a very happy 2012! ;-) Hope you and your family are well and you have a wonderful year ahead of you xo

Melissah said...

Love all the pretty directions & so glad you got round to sharing some photos wiTh us ...you are always an inspiration to me!
x
Melissah

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails