Sunday, February 3, 2013

Antiques from New Orleans!


Hello everyone and hope you have had a lovely weekend!  We are just getting over the wild weather and floods here but there is still a great area which has been inundated!  The mighty Fitzroy River has peaked at 8.7m and is roaring down to the ocean at a ferocious pace.   It is quite amazing to see it's power. Mother Nature is something which inspires awe in me every day.  I wish all the best to everyone trying to battle against such force .... 
I also want to share with you the new antique pieces I have recently received from Karina Gentinetta in New Orleans.  These are very special pieces I have worked with Karina on for my clients and they are absolutely stunning.  Beautiful pieces that transcend time ...... this mirror above I have bought for myself and it is so beautiful and delicate.  The images that have been before it, the stories it could tell ... it has the original aged patina of 19th century France and I love every bit of it... 


Above are the gorgeous Italian murano crystal sconces from Karina .... just stunning!




A close up!


and now the "The Perfect Piece" ...... the Italian settee covered in Belgian linen and tufted with original cream and gilt paintwork ... Karina and I worked on this for my lovely client, Dee, who when she saw it was completely in awe and said to me "I never thought I would own something so beautiful!"  Dee you deserve it ..... Karina organized all of the reupholstering in New Orleans which we discussed at length .... we wanted traditional diamond tufting and pure Belgian linen!  It was so funny as I helped the delivery guy lift it off the truck and he was quite interested and I said that these pieces had come all the way from New Orleans!  He was a bit worried that I wouldn't be able to hold up my end of the sofa but I proved him wrong.... as all you girls out there know "where there is a will there is a way"!  We know how to lift and move furniture as if it is nothing more than fairy dust!   



Another one of the settee .... it was sitting on my verandah for about 5 hours and I said to Dee I think I want this ..... it is so beautiful!  We moved it over to Dee's house, which is just a stone's throw from me, and we went to work!  Look how gorgeous it looks with Dee's artwork in the background.  Dee is an art gallery curator and an artist as well.  We still have rugs and other pieces to procure but as with all design it is ongoing project that evolves with time ...... 


This chair is part of a set that we bought from Miguelle Meirelle in Melbourne and upholstered it in Carolyn Quartermaine Script fabric.... the delicacy of the                            little chair with the elegance of the gold script is a perfect union!
Have a wonderful night and bon nuit

Remember go visit Karina at www.karinagentinetta.1stdibs.com

she will not disappoint!

 photo signature-29_zps152a2019.png

8 comments:

Flora Fascinata said...

Beautiful decor, I want it all! You do such lovely work. Laughing re the comment about our capability to move furniture, when I decide that I want to rearrange something, my will is certainly the way! Mr Fascinata can come home and be amazed that I've whipped something in place of another just through a couple of towels and slippery wooden floors! Always be careful, though. X

Unknown said...

What a beautiful Settee...and what a long way to travel to get to the client! It goes perfectly with the art in the background. Good luck with the finishing touches. Love the elaborate mirror as well, a real beauty! Have a lovely Sunday. Sharon

Divine Theatre said...

I love the chairs with their new Carolyn Quartermaine fabric! Lovely pieces all!

xo

Andie

The enchanted home said...

WOW!! You hit the jackpot. Love it all..the chairs are sensational. Enjoy your new goodies!

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Good morning sweet Francis! I cannot say enough things about your antique finds here; they are MY style, indeed! The gray and white with a touch of gold will always be what I enjoy the most in my home. I am so shocked to learn about the weather you have been having out there from wild fires, rising temperatures; we have had a dry winter with a stretch of very cold days.

Your world here is as pink and Parisian perfect as ever my dear. Enjoy your day! Anita

Vannessa@Luxuria said...

Absolutely GORGEOUS Francis. I LOVE the scripted chairs; so decadently divine! Thank you so much for stopping over at mine x

'LUSH' said...

Oozing with gorgeousness! And, I am determined to use the Carolyn Quartermaine Script fabric on a chair or sofa in my home! I love it!

Anonymous said...

It's Beautiful Antiques Furniture
http://www.bonninashley.com/

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails