Sunday, April 3, 2011

Icing Sugar and Bamboo!


I just want to introduce you to the latest edition to the Russell family .....
"Icing Sugar" Sugar for short!


Sugar is 16 weeks old and is half Ragdoll and half Persian and 100% sweet as sugar!!!!  For a long time Georgiana has wanted a kitten and after our second son, Dominic went to University we thought it was time ... and she is absolutely beautiful!!!!


Then I also wanted to show you these two new faux bamboo chairs I have had custom painted and upholstered and I am so happy with the results ... I wanted to go for a pale Tiffany blue and that is exactly what they are ....upholstered in a beautiful Designer's Guild fabric ...


They are a cross between Tiffany Blue and a Duck-Egg Blue in a matt finish ....



and then I found these amazing miniature pears at the supermarket and I thought how perfect ..... next time I buy them I am going to crystallize them with sugar as they are so perfect!!  Have a lovely Sunday night and I am off to make a stir-fry organic chicken with cashews, shallots, fresh peas with a honey and soy reduction sauce .... I hope it works!!!!
 photo signature-29_zps152a2019.png

9 comments:

Vær våken said...

She is so GORGEOUS and fits the interior perfectly I must say :)

xx

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

BONJOUR MA REINE MARIE! Oh dearest, YOUR SETTEE! We both have our settees displayed now!!!

LET ME TELL YOU.....

YOUR IDEAS DEAREST FOR THE APRIL PARTY...YES, YES, AN EMPHATIC OUI! I have collected photos (as I use photos to prompt my writing ideas) and everything you have mentioned as the idea beach experience is perfect. Dearest, I am copying and pasting your comments and printing them out as I will use them to compose the month long theme. I will also give credit to YOU for these remarkable ideas. I had known that I wanted to have an elegant theme on the beach, for I have some photos but YOU really clarified the idea. Oh, what dreams are made of, n'est-ce pas?

YOUR CHAIRS

TON CHAT

YOUR ELEGANT WORLD

It is all you, and so beautiful. Enjoy every moment my dearest, you are really a queen to me!

GROSSES BISES ET JE T'EMBRASSE! Anita

The enchanted home said...

Sugar is so beautiful.....she blends right in the with that gorgeous chair she was sitting on! Love your bamboo chair and the mini pears..I buy those too at a local fruit market, just because I think they are so pretty!

Paris Pastry said...

Welcome to the family Icing Sugar! She is a beauty for sure. And a cross between my two favorite cats :)

XO

chateaudelille said...

Having a sweet pet is such wonderful company. her name is quite befitting. Have a great week. Fiona

'LUSH' said...

The chairs are a gorgeous light Tiffany blue, beautifully done! And, your "Sugar" is just the perfect compliment to family and home!

Richard Cottrell said...

Never too much, always too little or not enough. Thanks for stopping by. Richard at My Old Historic House

Unknown said...

So many great news! Sugar is precious, I love cats!
She fits right in with your decor, haha! Who picked her???
She looks perfectly innocent!

Love the chairs and the colors. How do you crystalize those pears?

KANDEE ACUNA said...

Love the new cat-she's beautiful. Love the chair she's sitting on too, just what I've been looking for.

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails