Saturday, May 28, 2011

PARIS ~ SIMPLY IRRESISTABLE!


..... I was invited to a party .... a party in Paris .... I had to leave Versailles to attend a most special friend's party .....


I had to choose a gown and of course, my shoes .....


as you know I love a party and a party in Paris .... simply irresistable!  The girls are all going to be there and I simply could not refuse ..... but we have to be careful because I am not supposed to go out unless it is a royal function ..... Anita promised it would parfait and how right she was ....


of course there must always be Laduree ....





the salon de tea is so beautiful and for me, the quintessential Paris ... 


we must have a beautiful confection with our tea before we fly away with Dior ....


above Paris ..... where we can see below ......



Notredame Cathedral ..... with the gargoyles poised on their bastions .....


and a beautiful courtyard of The Ritz Hotel ...


.... the imposing entrance of "La Orangerie" where Monet's "Water Lilies" lie in an oval of perfection ... of course it is Paris .... 


and Matisse is there in all his grandeur .....







....now night falls on the city of lights .... The Eiffel Tower shimmers in the distance from a balcony of Hotel Georges V.....  I have put on my favourite Coco Chanel perfume and ordered champagne and pink macarons of course ....




and we will have fun in the most romantic, gorgeous city in the world .... where time stops still .... the Paris I see ... is one of beauty....


elegance ... and sophistication ....


always slightly aloof but melts once you say .....
my heart belongs in Paris ....
dearest Anita ... bon nuit my friend and merci for inviting me to your Parisian Dream ......
Lots of love M.A. the 2nd .....

images ~ my own and


 photo signature-29_zps152a2019.png

16 comments:

The enchanted home said...

Please let me click my heels and be there right this very minute and don't let the dream end!!!!!!!! I love your your Paris dream.....fabulous!

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

and SOOOOO MUCH LOVE TO YOU MY SWEET and wonderful SISTA....this is glamourous and perfect my queen. You have given me so much joy with your enthusiasm and friendship and I thank you for your participation! VIVE LA FRANCE!!!! BISES, Anita

It's me said...

It is great to be with you in Paris darling....hope we meet again.....nice party from Anita...enjoying...love love ......bisous Ria...xxx...

Rae said...

What a beautiful tour of Paris! Anita is a sweety for having us all go to Paris today!
Love your blog and it was so nice to meet you!

highheeledlife said...

Mon ami ... this was just the perfect trip through Paris ... your photo , I had to look twice .. you are a wonderful queen ... and Paris is your castle... xo HHL

Fete et Fleur said...

Beautiful things to share and inspire Irresistible Paris. Love it!

Nancy

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Dearest friend,

Oh what an after-glow of a comment you left me sweet Marie Antoinette...I am so happy that we all had such a GREAT TIME meeting one another in the most beautiful city in the world; yes, many with beg to argue that statement, for there are many more cities that have just as many beautiful and maybe even more incredible shops, monuments, etc....but our Paris has a spirit, a light and a history that has been created and embedded in time. MERCI BIEN mon amie for making this a special weekend. You look SMASHING!!! And thank you for visiting Ruben....he was busy all day long with an unexpected visit from a friend, but he so enjoyed himself!!! Wishing you a lovely day sweet one, Anita

Rattus Scribus said...

Dear M.A.2d
You are one of dearest and funnest (is that a word?) bloggers I know. This was brilliant idea by Anita. I started the Paris party early but then had a wonderful all-day visit from a friend, so I'm just getting caught up. Loved your post, and your visits to my blogs are always a treasure.
All the best to you and your family.
Your blogger pal,
Ruben

Alexandra Rae said...

This certainly was a brilliant idea by Anita! Frances, you are absolutely the perfect person to create such a post!! I loved it. Elegant, sophisticated and fun, all at once. I thought at first that I'd missed something and that you were actually in Paris--and my first thought was how fun it would be to be there with YOU, a woman of such taste and joie de vivre. How exciting would a design blogger conference in Paris be?!

Thanks for stopping by with your sweet comments. I am so flattered that any of YOUR clients would love my site.

Bisous!
Alexandra

Karena said...

So good to see you at Anita's Paris Party!! I don't think I could love the shoes more than I already do!!

Do stop by to see my Paris post and on the 1st starts a fabulous giveaway

xoxo
Karena
Art by Karena

Vær våken said...

What a beautiful, beautiful Paris post you had today!!! Loved it! I have had so much fun looking around at all these different posts on Paris. What a great idea this Paris Party was. Have a lovely new week!

Kristin xx

red ticking said...

love this... and your humor... xoxo

"Create Beauty" said...

What beautiful images, it has been such a delight dancing through Paris with you!!!

~ Violet

Melissah said...

How do we get an invite to this amazing party?
xoxo
Melissah
scrapbook-melissah.blogspot.com

'LUSH' said...

Just the Paris I want to see. Just the places I'd love reason to be! Such fun! Such fantasy!

Hanz, Fashionista Era Design said...

I love the photos and the color....Paris really makes you feel romantic! :)

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails