Sunday, February 5, 2012

"Chronicle" ~ With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility


This week-end our eldest son, Alexander, was one of the actors in the new film, "Chronicle". 


Directed by the very talented Josh Trank, who we met in Sydney a couple of weeks ago, this film is incredible.  I know people will say "proud mum syndrome" and that is okay but the performances of all the actors especially, Michael B Jordan, Dane de Haan and Michael Kelly, were extraordinary.  This film with a modest budget has tugged at the heart-strings of people who want to feel in touch with what they are viewing ..... where they walk away feeling somehow changed by the experience ....


The final 30 minutes puts you on the edge of your seat and the world of inner city Seattle comes crashing down ..... there is a loss of control which leaves you feeling like you are on a roller-coaster and that there is a force that needs to be contained .... something which is unexplainable and ultimately beyond our control .....


Alexander congratulations from all of us ..... we are so proud of you ...... we have just found out that "Chronicle" has surpassed expectations and has topped the box office for this week-end and is the most viewed film around the globe.  Now I have to say good-bye to my next son, Dominic, who has been accepted into drama school studying a Bachelor of Fine Arts, Acting and may well end up in L.A. like his big brother ....
HOllyWood here come the Russell BOYs ..........

love M.A. the 2nd
 photo signature-29_zps152a2019.png

7 comments:

Bluebells and Lavender said...

What a lovely posting, you must be SO PROUD! I shall have to watch the movie. Have a great week. Sharon

Jenny said...

Wow, isn't that just amazing. A huge congratulations. My husband and I were just saying that we would like to see that movie. You are allowed to be the proud Mum, I would be. ;-)

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

OMGOODNESS. I am so happy for Alexander!!!!! DEAR HEART, what a fantastic break for him! And he certainly has the LOOKS to carry him into a career that does look at the outside! But when he proves his talents which I am sure are ABUNDANT, who knows how far this young man can go!!!! I am so proud for YOU! And what a joy to see you come to visit me last night! How have you been? I suppose like the rest of us, extremely busy. ENJOY THE AFTERGLOW of the début....it really only is the BEGINNING!!!

HUGS, Anita

Laura said...

Hi there frances, thats amazing news!!! congratulations! You deserve to be really proud of him!! And he is such a handsome fellow too!!!! My son saw the movie on friday night and kept telling me how great it was!! just going to show him this post now!!! lots of love to you!!!
laura xxxx

Melissah said...

Congratulations Fran ...you must be so, so, so proud of Alexander. I can't wait to see it.
x
Melissah

Melissah said...

I nearly fell out of bed when they announced a new up & coming Aussie actor was about to be interviewed by Richard Wilkins on the 'Today Show' I was so excited - I had a sneaking suspicion it might be Alex. First thing he did was mentioned his 'mum & dad' you must be so proud, he looked so handsome & was so natural & relaxed. It's getting the first break that's the hardest step so I am sure he is onto huge things! Congratulations once again ... you are now officially a Hollywood mum of a famous actor!
x
Melissah

Porchlight Interiors said...

Congratulations Frances! How thrilled you must be. I will definitely have to see this. Tracey xx

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails