Sunday, February 28, 2010

"Lovely Lilac"


I was just thinking about Paris and the gorgeous Laduree shops.....It is Sunday and Andrew has gone to play golf and Georgiana and I are going to have a girls afternoon. This image of a Laduree confection has inspired us and we are going to attempt lilac icing on cupcakes. Andrew took Georgie to the bike path this morning and I was reading about all the snow in New York. Pictures showed images of the Brooklyn Bridge and Madison Avenue virtually deserted. Stay safe everyone over there!
I will post some pics this afternoon if the baking and decorating in the kitchen prove successful.
Back to Laduree......apparently this French icon began in 1862 with a gentlemen called Louis Laduree. What a beautiful institution he created! When we were in Paris I stuffed as many of the scented candles and macaroons and teasets into my luggage as possible ~ no wonder we had to pay excess baggage! Unfortunately, parts of the teaset broke but it is still beautiful. Have a great day!
 photo signature-29_zps152a2019.png

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails