It is such an honour to be included and I truly appreciate it. I have my 10 things that make me happy and I will list below but I also, once again, just wanted to say that despite all the terrible things that happen in the world that good people with values are out there. People, humanity that care what happens to someone else and who will lend a hand. It is very easy to think that sometimes we are outnumbered but not anymore...... lets stand up and say that the world is no longer vast .... this concept of fellowship brings us all together be it through art, interiors, architecture, cuisine.... we are all one with it and also one with each other.
Have a great week-end... it is ANZAC day here in Australia where we commemorate the sacrifices our ancestors gave to give this country freedom. ANZAC stands for Australia and New Zealand Army Corps and they fought in World War One in Gallipoli , Turkey. Many were only 16 or 17 and they were sent to fight as young boys and died in terrible battles where they had no chance of survival. The families of these brave soldiers would send packages over to them and one of the most famous biscuits in Australia is called the "ANZAC" biscuit which was sent over to them to remind them of home. Also, the young medical staff of doctors and nurses shipped over to deal with the horrific injuries that happened at the warfront are also heroes in our eyes. If you ever get a chance to see the movie "Gallipoli" starring our own Mel Gibson... it is a brilliant account of what happened.
Aussie pride.... there aren't many of us in comparison to the rest of the world but you do hear us roar!
Love you all!
Here are my 10 things ~
1. My beautiful family ~ My husband Andrew my best friend and a beautiful man, my children Alexander 22, Dominic, 17 and Georgiana 7 who constantly fill my life with love. I would do anything for them.
2. My friends who are so special.
3. My extended family who are so amazing and such an integral part of my life, especially my mum.
4. Interior Design, Decoration, Art and History.... the beauty of life and the understanding of what has gone before that we strive for.
5. Travel... discovering new frontiers and not being afraid to do so.
6. Books ... the smell of books especially really new and really old books is intoxicating.
7. The Ocean... walking on the beach and feeling at peace with the elements.
8. Buckets and buckets full of roses.... heaven!
9. The perfect cupcake!
10. Music... especially classical like Boccherini, Mozart and Vivaldi but also Cat Stevens, Phil Collins, Annie Lennox, Gangajang, Elton John ..... and so many more especially from my favourite movie "Marie Antoinette" !
Now here is 10 blogs which I love and it is so difficult but I do believe you all deserve it ~
There are so many more beautiful blogs and I wish I could name them all but these 10 I love and am inspired by.....Enjoy!