So for me a bed has to be perfect!
1. I am a little (no a lot obsessive) about sheets being laundered and pressed and the sheeting should be even on both sides of the bed. The pressing gives you the middle line to guide you.
2. The fitted sheet on the bottom which goes over the matttress protector should be taut and tucked in evenly on all sides.
3. When securing the top sheet at the bottom of the bed I usually pull it about 60cm over the end and then fold under the mattress. It really depends on the size height of your mattress but you don't want it pulling out. Then the mitred corners or "hospital corners" are so important for a "finished" feel as it looks tailored and professional. The picture of me is trying to mitre the corner without laughing!
4. After doing the corners pull the quilt or duvet up and smooth the surface as you go. There must be no crinkles or bumps. Fold back at the top and then fold the top sheet with the decorative detail over the quilt/duvet.
5. Place the pillows as you would like them..... I change around all the time but I have put pillows on the horizontal first with Europes in front and then a little monogrammed breakfast pillow in front of that. I have then placed a decorative "crown" cushion in the middle.
See the next post for final pictures.