Thursday, August 2, 2012

Chanel ~ Paris to Bombay!


Somehow I managed to secure an invitation to the Chanel Paris~Bombay fashion show in Brisbane two weeks ago ......




It was without doubt one of the most exciting events I have ever attended (not counting the fact that I have never been to any designer fashion shows)



It was held in "The Old Museum" in Brisbane and the attention to detail, the fashion, the cuisine was breathtaking..... it was a magical night and I had to pinch myself many times to think I was there..... everything was based on the Paris show to the extent that we all thought that the models were exactly the same .....





the scattered confetti was fresh rose petals and silver shimmer ... look at this table laden with flowers and delicacies ....


this is the lovely CJ from Chanel with Vicki and myself ....


the fashion was spectacular ... so classic Coco with the iconic Karl Lagerfeld's contemporary twist ....


we feasted on fabulous Indian inspired cuisine as we felt like we were in an Indian palace .....

so beautiful and so lucky to see it here in Queensland!




 photo signature-29_zps152a2019.png

7 comments:

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

MY DEAR! MA CHÈRE, MA BELLE!

Dearest Frances, I am thrilled to see your beautiful face again in the middle of what I believe is our hearts' BEAT! FASHION, FRENCH, FOOD, CHANDELIER, COCO!! What a magical time indeed and though your photos are marvelous, your eye is probably the best image catcher of all....oh how I wish that a camera could capture our feelings while we are in the midst of such beauty.

SO GOOD TO SEE YOU and you look smashing!!! BISOUS, Anita

Flora Fascinata said...

So nice to meet you at Paris to Bombay! My goodness it was special, you looked amazing too, in your Chanel cream tweed and camellia! I've relived the night over and over in my mind! It was a treat.

The enchanted home said...

OMG, how exciting and glamorous! You look like one of the models....stunning in your Chanel finery. Thanks for sharing, looks like an event to remember!

Bluebells and Lavender said...

Seems like an evening to remember, how lucky you are to have attended such a beautiful event, you look amazing in your Chanel two piece...what wonderful memories to cherish...Have a lovely weekend. Sharon :)

A Perfect Gray said...

absolutely stunning. I know that was a real treat. donna

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

FRANCES MY DEAR!!! I am so delighted to open up my comments page to see YOU! OK, you must go to my Etsy shop to see my newest PAPER DRESS. It is a French dress....I thought of YOU as I was sculpting it!

I must catch your son's movie, CHRONICLE!! How exciting for him. He is a handsome man and talented, I am sure of it; I wish HIM the best of success my dear! THANK YOU FOR STOPPING BY! Anita

Karina Gentinetta said...

My goodness, Fran! What a glamorous event and so very decadent! I love everything about it!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails