Sunday, August 19, 2012

Take a Seat!



I am very excited as I just delivered this gorgeous French stool which I had upholstered for clients who own a dress shop and wanted them covered for their change rooms.  I had previously done drapes in belgian white linen with a panel of black linen with pink, black and white trim from Designer's Guild.  So I suggested we go with this fabulous black and white stripe silk also from Designer's Guild and then have contrasting pink piping!  Another client of mine is also using this black and white stripe and I will be putting her beautiful Parisian style apartment on the blog as soon as we are finished.


We are going to do French mirrors above each stool in both the change rooms.


Then I envisaged how stunning this beautiful Craig Waddell painting would look above the stools or anywhere for that matter!  Exquisite!


Then another client and friend of mine had this delicate three piece antique Louis 16th style suite with fluted legs and ribbon detailing which we are incorporating in our designs for her formal drawing room.


We took it all down to the upholsterers on Friday so it is very exciting .... I love being in upholsterers workshops as it is so exhilarating to see old pieces transformed into works of art ....




The three pieces are going in with Dee's stunning Italian tufted settee which we are importing all the way from New Orleans from my friend Karina of www.karinagentinetta.1stdibs.com  This is just one of many of her exquisite pieces ....



So the three piece Louis suite will be done in Carolyn Quartermaine's French script fabric
and Karina's sofa is done in a fabulous white muslin which we will put bolsters and other cushions on to bring it all together!  Dee is so excited as am I!!!!



So this week-end "take a seat", relax, read a book, sip a cup of tea and enjoy yourself!  Particularly if you are sitting on one of these beauties!

best wishes always
M.A. the 2nd
 photo signature-29_zps152a2019.png

6 comments:

Jenny said...

Sounds lovely, can't wait to see. Love the French stool too. ;-)

chateaudelille said...

Can't wait to start upholstering some of my furniture. Looks like it is a wonderous experience. Glad to hear all is well. Sounds like you are very busy with many exciting things. Looking forward to the French apartment. Fiona

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

ABSOLUTELY DELICIOUS IN EVERY WAY MY DEAR! Oh how wonderful stripes are! You are just a genius when it comes to so many things, but your sense of style is impeccable! If you want to see a bit of Marie Antoinette style, go see my latest pair of paper slippers; they are my favorites:

https://www.etsy.com/listing/107010976/paper-mache-pair-of-paper-lace-marie

ENJOY YOUR DAY MY SWEET! Anita

Laura said...

gosh, i love those striped stools frances! and love the paintings too!!! so wonderful!
have a lovely day!!!
laura xx

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

My darling Frances,

Your comment just made my morning, it really did.....first of all, to SEE YOU and that you came to visit me, what a THRILL! AND TO KNOW that you will be in New York City on December 4??? I WOULD SO LOVE TO BE THERE TO MEET YOU. I don't know if I can make it...I would give anything to be there! I live in Minnesota, situated to the west of New York...and it is quite far or else I would just get on a plane and GO SEE YOU!

Your kind comments made me so happy. Though I am venturing out into the arts and leaving teaching behind for a while, WRITING is my passion, though I have not found the time to devote to improving my writing because I am trying to build up my Etsy business and eventually, create a website. But I intend to combine poetry and art together and see where that leads me. I was contacted however, on Friday, by a fashion designer in New York City, inquiring about my PAPER DRESSES!!!! I was so thrilled, but she wanted a life-size mannequin by Wednesday and I am not YET set up for that type of commission.....MAYBE ONE DAY!

DEAREST HEART, I wish you much love and joy on this beautiful day and may the joys of summer that are leaving us here reach to you and bloom new possibilities! LOVE TO YOU! Anita

Karena said...

Frances, thank you so much for your visit! I am so happy that I came to see your latest projects! How fabulous the designs, the fabrics!
You are so very talented!

xoxo
Karena
Art by Karena

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails