Monday, April 18, 2011

Margaret's Sage & Ham Stuffed Chicken Breast!

I am just posting the recipe for the chicken fillets I did ... Tina at The Enchanted Home loved it so I thought I would post for everyone and I have to say it is such a great and easy recipe and smells divine!  This recipe is from a great Australian icon of cooking .... a lovely lady who we have known for years .... Margaret Fulton!  I have edited a little bit because I didn't have everything in the pantry!!!! (plus I always buy organic chicken if I can)

Ingredients ~
4 small chicken breast fillets (organic if possible 800gms)
2 garlic cloves crushed
1 tbs chopped sage
quarter cup Dijon mustard
2 slices prosciutto
60gm butter (Margaret specified unsalted but I am sorry I went with the full salt)
125ml chicken stock
half cup of milk
4 washed potatoes (or more if you like a lot of potato mash)
200gm green fresh beans

Method~

Pre-heat oven to 160 C fan-forced.  Place chicken fillets open (skinned-down) butterfly-style on a board and place a plastic wrap over each fillet and gently pound to as thin as possible without breaking flesh.

In a small bowl mix garlic and sage.  Smear mustard on inside of fillet.  Top each with prosciutto and spoon garlic mixture over.  Roll the long edge of each fillet over and secure with string (I didn't do this as I felt the fillets just sat there)

In a baking dish melt 30gm butter on medium heat.  Add the chicken rolls and cook for 3-4 mins.  I cooked mine for more like 7 mins or until browned.  Pour over chicken stock and bake for 10 mins until juices run clear.  

Remove from oven, cover with foil and set aside for 5 mins to rest.  Slice each roll into 2cm slices and arrange on heated dinner plates, spooning juices over.

Potatoes can be done earlier ~  Peel and slice (thick) and add to a pot of boiling water with a pinch of salt.  When soft, drain and allow to cool.  Then mash adding milk, butter, salt and chives if you would like.   We like our mash very soft so it does require a lot of butter and milk.  Good for your bones!  If you want to use low fat fat milk and butter that is fine as well! 

Fresh green beans .... easy just wash and steam!

I hope you enjoy!
 photo signature-29_zps152a2019.png

2 comments:

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

YIKES! That sounds so good dearest! A perfect picnic for my beach party picnic! LOVE TO YOU DEAR ONE, Anita

Unknown said...

So sweet! Happy Birthday to your friend!
Great recipe!
And Happy Easter too!
xoxo

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails