Thursday, February 25, 2010

"Cooloola"

These images are for Marie from Sweden ~ I hope you enjoy! This is the front of our home "Cooloola". It dates back to approximately circa 1897 and it is in the vernacular of colonial style. I love that word "vernacular" ~ it sounds so elegant! Colonial style was very prominant in Australian history particularly in Queensland. The symmetry is apparant and the two wings have beautiful Georgian style sash windows to the floor on the original pulley system. These homes were built to allow for perfect ventilation and flow through to alleviate the extreme heat in summer. Just pop around the back if you are hot and have a swim in the lagoon pool. I will just whip together an ice cold cocktail!




 photo signature-29_zps152a2019.png

2 comments:

Hamptontoes said...

What a lovely home! It reminds of a home in East Hampton that I have longed admired! I'm adding your blog to my list of blogs I follow!

Marie Söderberg said...

LOVELY Thank you, looking forward to the drink by the pool :)

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails