Thursday, September 23, 2010

I can' t believe how beautiful these images are from the new Designers Guild range "Trevelyan"....


Whilst in my interiors I don't use as much colour as featured here .... the decadent splashes of colour are breathtaking ... and I do love to use a bright splash of colour in with the whites,  soft French greys, petal pinks and duck egg blues ... 


and I think very "Marie Antoinette" so perfect for my blog .... the blue lampshade .... stunning ...


as you can see the wall and floor palettes are quite neutral with the walls looking like they have an old French grey patina to them .... and the fresh white above teams perfectly with the vibrant yellow wallpaper but have tempered it by only doing the wallpaper above dado height ....


The attention to detail is extraordinary ..... these images are from the Designers Guild campaign launch and I am very excited as I will advertising with them!  My sample books hopefully won't be too far away!  I hope everyone is having a gorgeous day ... it is raining here in Queensland (a lot) and so I thought some bright colour was the perfect solution to a dull rainy day! 
 photo signature-29_zps152a2019.png

7 comments:

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Ma belle, I am so with you in that I do not use much color in my décor, but these images ARE so beautiful. The French gray does soften things, and I am loving the idea of using some grays in my home to soften and blend the stark white of the Shabby Chic with the darker colors we have. I think the soft gray is the answer. LOVELY AS ALWAYS!!!! Bises, Anita

Julie said...

Oh. I love new designs from designers guild. What a beautiful colors!! I love everything about fabric.

Thank you for sharing.

Julie x

Unknown said...

I adore Tricia Guild's design. I have been a fan since I got to know her work about 12 years ago. I have a lime green wall paper in my dining room by Designers Guild, I still can't get enough of it!
Love the brilliance of the colors and her design style! Her fabrics are gorgeous!

XX
Victoria

Daisy Reyes said...

Your Majesty, I am in love with these images! I am a huge fan of color and use it in my home, "Seyer Hill" very much. I believe color just gets the brain cells flowing:)) "Brilliant" article!

Royal wishes,
Daisy

Vær våken said...

I love the purple!! Nice post! Hope you're enjoying your weekend!

Kristin xo

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

MA BELLE MARIE!!! Dearest Frances, you are such a sweet human being to give me such high praise! teeeheeee! I am loving illustrating my favorite gals....Marie, Cinderella and other lovely ladies. BUT my skills have been quelled by neglect. My father wanted to enroll me in the BEST fashion design school in Los Angeles in 1976, but I refused. I wanted to dance, and so I did. But, I had a propensity to draw since I was old enough to hold a pencil, and I can at least have fun now, at 52 years old. My husband is now drawing again, and we are having the time of our lives CREATING! THANK YOU SWEET ONE, and I am so waiting for my white world to begin, but construction hasn't even started. I guess this is not the first time families have had to wait for a builder! ENJOY YOUR WEEKEND!!!! Anita

Rattus Scribus said...

Dear Frances,
What an absolutely lavish blog you have. I love the interiors in this post, and your home is just gorgeous (I'm back tracking to earlier posts). What a lovely family you are.

I really enjoyed your comment on my blog post (Heroes don't have to be super). You obviously love and are proud of all your children, but I can see from your story about Alex taking great risk to stop the thief what an amazing young man he is. (I was right there with him in the story.) Oh how the world desperately needs people in positions of influence (economic, political and cultural--as in the arts, film and such) that live by such a sense of right and wrong.

Peace and joy to you and your family.
Ruben

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails