Thursday, October 6, 2011

Pretty in Pink ~ Fuschia Pink!


Firstly, I have to apologize for my so lack of posting and commenting ... a great deal of the latter has to do with the fact that I cannot comment on many of your beautiful blogs and for that I am so very sorry!  I am working on the technical side with a professional but somehow I don't think that matters in the blogger world!  I know that also many of you have had similar problems ... I will do my best to reply in some way either through email or posting replies on my blog!
This little tutu above is Georgiana's and it is so gorgeous!  The colour is fabulous .... vibrant, exciting and perfect for an 8 year old!  Georgie is still of an age where she loves fairy costumes, ballet costumes and all the beautiful girly things we all love.  I know that there is not much time until that won't be the case.... so I have had a fabulous photographer who I will tell you about in a later post photograph her for photoart.  We had a fabulous day and Georgiana loved it and I cannot wait to see the beautiful creations and memories .....



I also have been quite busy sourcing new products and found this gorgeous lampbase and shade from Magnolia in Brisbane .... the shade is a Manuel Canovas and just perfect .... see how it reflects the colour in the peaches and also the cravat of the rider in the artwork ...


Last Saturday I had an afternoon tea on the verandah for my family .... mum, aunt, cousin, neices, great nephews, great neices and more!  It was a beautiful day and we had lots and lots and lots of cups of tea from big pots and I talked to my beautiful blue-eyed mother as she held her great-grandson, Oliver.  These are the days to cherish .... look at the moment and savour it!  We had old-fashioned sponge-cake my aunty Colleen made, tiny shortbread and kiss biscuits Mum made, baby quiches and many more delectable treats.


This is my gorgeous Mum holding her great grandson, Oliver Francis ... holding a fuschia pink rose ...... taken and styled by second cousin, Brigid .... (we are Irish say no more!!!!)



Which leads to my next wonderful, exciting discovery ....... two amazing artists, one French and one Australian .......
above is the exquisite work of Laurence Amelie recently featured on the cover of Rachel Ashwell's new book ....



and then above the beautiful, arresting work of Australian artist .....Kerri Shipp.  I had the pleasure of meeting Kerri on my trip to Brisbane and her work took my breath away .... I truly do not know how she does this stunning work with such attention to detail and palette ....
Please enjoy and visit these incredibly talented artists sites ...

M.A. the 2nd
 photo signature-29_zps152a2019.png

15 comments:

Carole Poirot said...

Well, I for one have never really outgrown the girlie things and still like pink and ballet :-)

Love the lampshade, the colours are amazing. Hope you're well and (unlike us here) are enjoying Spring. Love from London xo

*Chic Provence* said...

HI Franny! The tutu is so adorable, and Georgie must look an angel in it! What a wonderful family tea.. I've never seen such a beautiful baby boy.. and yes I like the art you shared... I've been really busy and not blogging as much as would like, just catching quick moments here and there... and Blogger is making me crazy with the format/fonts..sigh!

Well enjoy your spring into summer and see you soon!

gros bisous!

Kit

Rattus Scribus said...

I certainly understand how life can run into conflict with blogging. But I'm glad to see you and your family are doing well.

Ruben
PS, pink is pretty big in our home, especially because we have a bunny named the Pink Lady (psst, don't tell her she's not real) and she would not have it any other way.

Unknown said...

What a lovely family you have! Enjoy it, the years are passing...
Your mom is adorable with the sweet little one! Blessings!
You go and create your beautiful life! It's the best thing you can do! Blogging should always come after it!
Just had my own family over, not as much fun as I had hoped for, like in many families there are tensions....
I send my love to you!

'LUSH' said...

Gorgeous artwork indeed!

Marie Söderberg said...

I understand yout frustration around the technic aroudnthe blogging..I have been thinking alot of maybe have my "own" .com page..but I still not conviced thas better..and my name Marie Soderberg as I would love to have as a page name is already taken..hahaha soo i ahve serious problemns to deal with..hahahaa but im thinking of marie soderberg living ;)anyway gorgeous dress..my daugther is 7 so she love to dress out to..Lovely afternooe tea party..and I looove your mummys hair :)) hugs and kisses marie

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

MY DEAREST!!!!!!!!!

I KNOW, BLogger wouldn't allow me to post a long post last week! AND I HAVE MISSED YOU SO MUCH my queen! BUT YOU CAME, and I see that my beloved has come here....teeeheee..yes, we have a PINK LADY rabbit that keeps us AMUSED. Dear heart, your pink theme is special to me and look at your mum; I can only imagine that you get your fabulous looks from a woman who has splendid white locks, deep blue eyes and the heart of gold.

SO GOOD TO SEE YOU and I hope that Blogger will fix itself; Blogging has become my lifeline to you all who have inspired not only myself, but my husband as well, to REACH BEYOND and create BEAUTY!

BISOUS MON AMIE, Anita

Karena said...

Frannie, the tutu is beautiful, I remember when I used to MAKE mt daughters!

I adore that lamp, gorgeous!!

Yes I have missed you!

PS Come let me know what you think of my Autumn decor and oh I have a New Giveaway!

xoxo
Karena
Art by Karena

Karina Gentinetta said...

Frannie, aren't little girls in ballet the most adorable thing ever? Roma is also taking ballet at the ballet studio where they filmed Benjamin Button. I cannot wait to see Georgie's photos!!!

Love,

Karina

Melissah said...

Lovely artwork - Kerri's painting had already caught my eye on her blog & I love the rose - it reminds me of Carolyn Quartemaine's work. I love the new shade & I look forward to the photos of Georgiana - we are long past tutus, pretty parties & cupcakes with Ellen and I miss those days so make the most of them!
x
Melissah from Scrapbook

red ticking said...

just thinking of you... love the tutu... d a r l i n g.... xx

Kerri - Driftwood Interiors said...

Blogger....where do I start! I've tried to leave a comment for you for days now, with no luck. Thanks so much for your lovely post, you're too kind :) Btw - love the tutu! My girls had one each that they wore to death, one hot pink and one purple. Just gorgeous :) K x

chateaudelille said...

Oh I do so love seeing what you post. The afternoon looks like it was quite magical. I imagine anything you do in your home is amazing and would be a real treat to attend. i wish i lived closer. The fabric you covered the chairs in, is it available in Australia and if so who is the wholesaler? Fiona

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Oh my darling friend,

IT IS SO GOOD TO HEAR FROM YOU! I know you are so busy, but your visit is much appreciated! OH, I will be selling my Marie Antoinette tags on my Etsy shop soon!!!

I WISH YOU A BEAUTIFUL DAY! Anita

Melissah said...

Hi Fran,
Pop over to Scrapbook & check out my post 'ladies who lunch' it will put a smile on your face! I can't believe I am saying 'see you on Friday'! Looking forward to finally meeting you.
x
Melissah

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails