Thursday, March 25, 2010

Botanical Wall Art

I have just finished this botanical wall art scene in our home. I have waited a long time as I felt the need to play with the layout and also we had just painted so it had to be right if I was going to pierce a hole in the beautifully finished paint! I love botanical artwork and these are lithographs which date back to the 18th and 19th century. Most of them have plate numbers on them and Bessler figures predominantly. This is our formal dining/drawing room which looks out to our front garden. I wanted this room to feel a part of the garden.... and so it does with these beautiful lithographs. The drawing room end has large Georgian sash windows which open onto the verandah so you step from the drawing room onto the verandah when they are open. Our home is about 112 years old and has a very interesting history which I will tell in due course. The main abstract lithograph is my favourite ... it looks like a blowsy bloom in a summer breeze!














 photo signature-29_zps152a2019.png

1 comments:

Hamptontoes said...

Wow, it looks wonderful! You did a fabulous job. I too, love botanical artwork.
Would love to see a close-up of the chandelier...it looks gorgeous. Lovely room.

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails