Monday, March 29, 2010

Chicken Tartlet Recipe for my Lovely Friends!

2 cups finely chopped organic chicken breast
4 tablespoons each chopped walnuts, finely diced celery and mayonnaise
1/2 cup creme fraiche
1/2 teaspoon Dijon-style French mustard
4 tablespoons chopped garlic chives to garnish
shortcrust pastry ~ if you are very good you can make your own.... (I didn't!) I used frozen shortcrust pastry by Pampas
To make the pastry carefully slide a knife between the pastry sheets and allow to defrost.
I cut my circles with the top of a glass as it just happened to be the exact same shape as my tins. My tins are 6cm in diameter and approx. 2cm deep.


Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees celcius. Use two tartlet trays of the above dimensions (12 in each tray). When the pastry is defrosted but not too soft cut rings with cutter and gently place in tray. Pierce 2-3 times with a fork. Bake in the oven for approx. 10mins then allow to cool. I find these keep very well in an airtight tupperware container. Cook the chicken in a fry-pan with a little olive oil and add sea salt and cracked black pepper. Cook till golden. Add a little water if necessary. Dice up the chicken finely. Mix together chicken, walnuts and celery. In a separate bowl combine the mayonnaise, creme fraiche and mustard, then add to the chicken mixture. Stir until combined. Place in fridge to chill.

Arrange tarts on a tray... I used an antique tray with a green lion and crown emblem on it which highlights the chive garnish on the tartlets. Spoon mixture into tartlets and garnish with chives to serve. Enjoy! We had these with a glass of Piper-Heidsieck (with a strawberry in the bottom!) and also sparkling Perrier.

I found this recipe in Austalian Interiors magazine January '05 ~ this is where I saw the antique tray as it was featured in the magazine with the tartlets on it so I phoned up the Sydney Antique Centre and it was available so I bought it! The crown caught my eye as I love crowns! Enjoy and thank-you for all your lovely comments.... it is so special to receive them.

Frances (aka M.A. the 2nd for Marie Antoinette the second!)

P.S. Lisa at Hamptontoes made my risotto and she is vegetarian and I notice a couple of you are as well.... Lisa substituted prawns for chicken and it worked brilliantly so maybe we could come up with some ideas instead of chicken. What do you all think?

 photo signature-29_zps152a2019.png

4 comments:

*Chic Provence* said...

Yum,thanks! love those flavors..I like the prawns idea, too..your blog is great fun!

Kit

M.A. the 2nd ~ Frances Russell said...

Thanks Kit - I am glad you are enjoying it! Let me know how you go with the tartlets.

HAMPTON HOSTESS said...

Yummy! I will have to try this recipe--looks elegant enough for company and easy enough for weekday dinner. Have a lovely weekend MA! Best, Barbara

Alexandra Rae said...

This looks delicious! I love pastry with meats and veggies. You can't find much of that in California. I think I'll add this to the menu for an upcoming luncheon I'm having.

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails