Monday, March 22, 2010

"Hampton"s House ~ Somethings Gotta Give"


Image courtesy of http://www.hookedonhouses.net/

Living Room and Exterior





I brought home with me some great finds and other things.... so I actually did some shopping as well and bought a couple of very gorgeous little cocktail dresses by Alannah Hill. At the birthday party on Saturday night I caught up with some lovely friends that I have not seen for quite a while ... one of them gave me a blog site "hooked on houses" to visit as I am absolutely obsessed (as I know a lot of like-minded souls are) about the house from the movie "Somethings Gotta Give". We are actually going to Los Angeles in June and looks like we will also be going to New York as well and I am going to visit my friend Lisa at http://www.hamptontoes.blogspot.com/ I am so excited as we are also going to do a couple of days in the Hamptons!! So I am hoping we can do a homestay in something like the movie! (Wishful thinking!)




 photo signature-29_zps152a2019.png

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds like an amazing trip, based by whole kitchen on that "movie house"! :)

Erica Cook said...

Man I'm still so in love with this house. I had 2 clients hire me and use that as their description of how they wanted their houses to feel. I think it's still such a winner across the board. xoxo

M.A. the 2nd ~ Frances Russell said...

I know what you mean.... we based our poolhouse kitchen on the movie and I also have clients say "Can you do the Somethings Gotta Give House?". I love it that this "set" house evokes such emotions in people. Everyone can totally see themselves living there as it exudes a gorgeous elegant feel yet so welcoming. I picture myself cooking in the kitchen, entertaining ..... its like a fairytale house for big girls! Thanks so much for the comments.

Hamptontoes said...

Frances,
I never knew when I started blogging that I would meet such a "internet friend"...I can't wait to finally meet you in person! Absolutely showing you around NY!

Paris Pastry said...

How nice! LA and the Hamptons! I might be going next year to the Hamptons :D!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails