Thursday, March 4, 2010

"Costume Party 18th Century Style"

I am going to a costume party this week-end and the theme is to go dressed as your favourite movie character....... so yes I am going as Marie Antoinette from the film by Sophia Coppola and Georgiana is going as Marie Therese. It is going to be hysterical and a lot of fun. I have reused and had remade a pink silk taffeta ball skirt that I have had for about 10 years and added some tulle underneath for fullness and "side panniers". I have a little ribbon embroidery shell bustier type top which is fitted through to the waist and I have added pink sleeves and ruffles to it. As I have blonde curly hair I am not going to wear a wig but am going to have it done in this style to the left which is from the movie. I am going to put butterflies and perhaps even a little bird in it! I have a pair of pink Manolo Blahnik slingback high heels which I bought on ebay from New York and they are perfect for the outfit. So stay posted for some very pink pictures!
 photo signature-29_zps152a2019.png

1 comments:

Hamptontoes said...

Oh, I must see photos from this party! Sounds perfect.

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails