Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Swedish Bedroon

This beautifully elegant Swedish bedroom is perfect.... the white/grey/silver is so tranquil and timeless. It reminds me of the beautiful bedroom from the movie "Out of Africa" which is one of my favourite movies. Marie from Sweden posted this on her blog http://www.dreamlifeincity.blogspot.com/ The French, The Swedes and the Danes certainly know how to do elegant and romantic without being too fussy or cluttered. Gustavian style gives us the attention to detail but with the white/grey/pale blue palette. This image gave me inspiration as I am looking at doing a rectangular coronet above a king-size bed with soft drapes to the side. Thank-you Marie for a beautiful image!
 photo signature-29_zps152a2019.png

5 comments:

Erica Cook said...

Very interesting room... it has such a lyrical quality. I'm wondering what that hooked bin is for at the end... warmed blankets?? xo

Anonymous said...

YES YES YES YES YES YES - I could keep going! The coronet is amazing!

Hamptontoes said...

That armoire is amazing!

M.A. the 2nd ~ Frances Russell said...

I'm glad you all like the interior - I asked Marie the same question Erica.....what is the hooked basket at the end of the bed? It would be perfect for warmed blankets!

Unknown said...

This bedroom is so over the top lovely! I would have the most beautiful dreams in that bed.

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails