Tuesday, July 30, 2013

"Le Meurice"


Bonjour!  I just want to share this incredible hotel with you.   "Le Meurice" on the Rue de Rivoli in Paris is one of the most spectacular places I have ever had the privilege to lay my head!  As you know we were in rural France whilst Andrew did his cycling tour and I came back to Paris via Geneva about midweek.  It was such a wonderful experience to be in Paris for the centenary of Le Tour de France and one that we will never forget!  Above is the view from our suite overlooking the Fair (which Georgiana lived for!) and the Louvre in the background ....


Le Meurice was renovated recently by the world famous interior designer, Phillipe Starck, and one of my personal favourites.  The ability to create whimsy whilst still adhering to tradition and history is quite unique and very apparant at Le Meurice!  The interiors are stunning and very rich and decadent whilst still feeling warm and welcoming.  The staff are incredible and greeted my nephew and his new bride to be with the same elegance they did ourselves, even though they arrived with backpacks in tow!


Beautiful flower arrangements were bountiful and I couldn't contain my excitement and appreciation for such beauty....


The grey carpets and grey and gold upholstery were beautiful!



I actually felt quite chuffed as the colour in the bathroom is nearly the same grey that I picked for our ensuite at home...


Gorgeous bathrobes ....


Roses in the bathroom sitting on the calcutta marble bench top ... the vanities were very art deco with a rectangular shape with truncated edges .... 


on the day we arrived these canapes were waiting along with a beautiful bottle of champagne ....


view of the Tulieries Gardens and the Louvre ...









Philippe Starck's brilliance!


so gorgeous ... this is the top of the coffee tables in one of the waiting rooms ..






 a little bit of shopping!





the best foie gras I have ever tasted!


chilled champagne in the Hotel Meurice ice bucket


followed by a confection from Laduree ... Parfait!


our door








the beautiful foyer 


my favourite swan chairs




a private dining room



my nephew, Tom, and his beautiful bride to be, Kate .... 


welcome to Le Meurice


you will be enchanted ....



Le Tour buses coming in ....


beautiful Paris



 photo signature-29_zps152a2019.png

9 comments:

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

This is a PARIS LINK PARTY type of a post my dear one! OK, I am not sure where to start here; that mirror/glass table top with the painting...is that not fabulous? The gray/gold furniture, the perfect marble arrangements in the bath, the flooring, the white trim on the woodwork....everything is PARIS. How wonderful to see your new post this morning dear Frances! Sending you fond greetings! Anita

Marie Arden said...

I love that hotel. They do a lovely tea too.
Glad that you had some Paris time and shopping time!

Unknown said...

Oh Madamoiselle Frances, you always get to stay in the most beautiful exquisite places, thank you for sharing with us. The table with the painting is just beautiful as is everything else. x

Flora Fascinata said...

I love it all! The beautiful bride, the PS decor, those roses! And how much that Fair would have excited G! Don't even start me on the full moon and the Tour Eiffel! Xxx

Splenderosa said...

What a wonderful tour of the hotel, my friend! We have stayed at the InterContinental just down a bit and know the area well. It's the best! Those swan chairs are totally awesome and I will be craving one of my own I'm sure. So happy you had a wonderful holiday. xx's

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Ahhhh.....there's nowhere like Paris. Dearest Frances, thank you for coming to visit my ocean memories! Enjoy your weekend my dear, and your memories of one of the greatest cities on earth. BISOUS BISOUS! Anita

Champagne Macarons said...

Thank you for the lovely tour! Le Meurice is absolutely stunning and I adore Philippe Starck! We are planning a trip to Paris in September and I am beyond excited! Although not our first trip, there are so many new places to explore... one of them being the Maison & Objet.
Wishing you a lovely weekend! xoxo, B

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

MA BELLE!

Bonjour, Frances! I am so happy to see your visit my friend! I hope you are well and making your clients happy with your interior designs! Your summer will be starting soon, and I look forward to seeing your posts on gardens and the like! We have had a marvelous summer, but one that is coming to a close, as soon as school starts in two weeks!

Sending you fond wishes for a bright day, Anita

Karena said...

Oh Frances I am simply stunned and enchanted! A dream come true; I would be so thrilled to stay at Le Meurice!

Love and Hugs,
Karena
2013 Artists Series

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails