Tuesday, April 13, 2010

French Ironwork

I love these pieces of French ironwork in the scroll pattern. This setting sits on my front verandah and it is so delicate yet so strong. The front part of the table has acanthus leaf detailing and a marble top. The chairs are French and date back to the early 40's last century. I am not completely certain of the origins of the table but I believe it to be French as well. The whole setting is so heavy yet they look so fragile. That is what I love about them. Have a wonderful day and more posts to come!
Hugs Frances
 photo signature-29_zps152a2019.png

6 comments:

Hamptontoes said...

I like that vignette...it looks welcoming!

Unknown said...

The delicate work all around the table is so lovely!

Karena said...

Beautiful, I love the setting! I love your blog!!

I have up a fascinating interview with artist Robert Anders...come visit.

Karena

Art by Karena

Erica Cook said...

This is gorgeous! Makes me want to sip mint juleps (did I mention it's snowing here!) Aside from that, I just wanted to let you know I think you're awesome Frances! You always make me smile. xoxo e

M.A. the 2nd ~ Frances Russell said...

Thank-you so much for your lovely comments... thank-you Erica for your sweet compliment .. that is such a lovely thing to say - you have made my day.

Carole Poirot said...

I love the pale and delicate colours and ironwork against the dark wood flooring, a fantastic contrast, thanks for sharing. Love from London x

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails